Ok, this is a bit of a hack, but it works.
The reason campaign monitor forms don't work is that for the 'link to subscribe page' forms, they got very tricky to try and hide their forms from 'bots' which, unfortunately, is exactly what our system is as far as they're concerned. When ONTRApages looks at that page code, there's no form there at all.
So, you can't use that option. Instead use the option called copy/paste form to your site. See below.
Of course, in order to make this work, you actually have to host that code on a page somewhere.
If you're an ONTRAPORT user, you can create a 'code mode' landing page and paste the code they give you, host the page, then use THAT URL in your form connector.
If you're an ONTRApages user, I found a trick that works.
- Create a NEW ONTRApage, starting from scratch with NO forms on it. Add some random block to the page (one without forms) because you have to have something on the page in order to save it.
- Click the 'settings' tab.
- Paste the Campaign Monitor form code into the spot where it says 'custom header code'.
- Publish that page somewhere and any random URL, like this one that I did 'http://testingcm.ontrapages.com/'
- Now go back to the pretty ONTRApage you made, and open the form connector and point it to the ONTRApage you made in the last step.
- Save and rejoice.
It's not the prettiest, but until we get some time to figure out how to trick Campaign Monitor into letting us submit to those subscribe pages, this'll have to do.